10 oz frozen spinach
1 large onion, chopped
8 oz cream cheese
2 C milk or half n half
1 C cheese
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 deep dish 9″ pie shells
– Heat some oil in large saucepan. Saute onions and frozen spinach until spinach melts and most of water evaporates
– in large bowl beat eggs. Add milk, salt, cheese, & both types of pepper and stir.
– cut cream cheese in half (4oz & 4oz).. cut in cubes and line bottom of both pie shells one w half and other w half. Put half of spinach and onion mix on top of cream cheese in one and other half over other
– dump egg mix over each pie evenly
– Carefully slide each onto oven rack and bake 55-60 min until set. You might need to put foil over them the last 10 min so the crust doesn’t burn.
– let cool 5 min. Serve and enjoy! !
*** to make only one quiche cut recipe in half. Decrease bake time to 45-50min
****you can add mushrooms, bacon, our any of your favorite veggies to quiche. .. just saute with spinach and onions. Yum! !